PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 31st Aug 2019, 02:54
Jerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Glen

I did my CPL with Melbourne Flight Training 10 plus years ago. You took the time to talk to me, you encouraged me, and you had a great team of highly experienced instructors. I fondly remember the Wings dinner at Brighton Receptions.

Recently I received an email from one of my flying buddies asking me to contribute to the GoFundMe page. He has a big contact list I believe. I then have taken the time to read this thread.

I am sorry that you have ended up in this situation. I was always very impressed with your philosophy and attitude. Running a business is hard enough, but then having the goalposts changed/altered down the track is simply unfair. Good on you for taking this on, you have my sympathy for what this has done to you and your family.

I have donated to the fund. I have also written and left a voicemail for my federal member of parliament. I encourage others to do the same.

I agree with Tailwheels comment - may be this is the thread that can make a difference.

CASA - Should be about safety and encouraging aviation, but at the moment the feeling in my flying club is that CASA is the Centre Against Sensible Aviation.

If there is anything else I can do, please PM. Hope to see you in Safeway again soon.

Blue skies

Jerr