PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Conversion Advice: Regionals or I Pay by myself??
Old 30th Aug 2019, 11:21
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by amonghtus
Thank you to everyone for your responses. From my recent research I noticed that Allegient and Frontier are also hiring. Obviously I would need to convert (out-of-pocket) all of my licenses per FAA regulations. However, both Frontier and Allegient have airbus fleets. So no need to change my type-rating. It looks like I fulfill all of their requirements on their hiring webpage. Is Allegient and Frontier at the same level as the legacies? Do they also require 121 TPIC flying hours, or would they accept my TPIC flying hours? I have accrued more than 1,000 TPIC hours under my EASA license?

Btw, I have 770 hours of Airbus A320 family fleet, 1020 hours of Airbus A330 family fleet, 220 hours of prop. Total PIC Jet is 1000 hours and I am still building more hours everyday. And also I have 4 years bachelor degree in business administration.
I'm confused. You have 2000 hours total time. Is that correct? If so, how can you have 1000 hours jet PIC as well? Do you mean proper PIC or PICUS (PIC under supervision). The latter won't count as PIC I'm afraid.