PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 30th Aug 2019, 11:08
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Its like going to my own funeral

I was driving with my Dad yesterday, and he was checking how I was going.

I said, "Its pretty good, I might be the first person in the world, to go to their own funeral".

He was driving, and the car swerved slightly. He doesn't come on Prune, so its safe to say initially I didn't know if it was his "elderly" driving, but quickly noticed the concern on his face.

In the interests of road safety I quickly explained myself.

"Every other pricks dead at their funeral. I get to see all the comments of 25 years in aviation while im still alive. Its great!!!"

By the time we got to the café, I could confirm it was in fact, his elderly driving.

My family have cleared the decks for me this weekend, but I will devote this weekend to getting back to everyone, and thanks for all the support. On old industry stalwart came up to me today. Concerned about me "taking on CASA". He had tried before, and many had before him.

The difference. Poor governance can now be held to account via social networking. Those around me know how much I dislike it. But, like many of the younger people today. Im certainly receiving a groundswell of support that wouldn't be available before all that came in. Anyway I will be on here a bit over the weekend.

Thanks again for all thev support. This time. Its really gonna happen, I believe.

You would not believe how many calls I get from people whose lives have been destroyed in a manner similar to mine. Today, a gentleman living in a caravan park with his wife. Elderly, and not by choice. (Editing for clarity. I was referring to the living in the caravan park. Im sure he is married by choice,)

This must lead to a Royal Commission, Judicial Inquiry, or Special Ministerial Inquiry. We are an ICAO contracting state. Not a Banana Republic!!!

Last edited by glenb; 30th Aug 2019 at 11:42. Reason: Editing for clarity