PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tornado GR1 cockpit project so far
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 01:35
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
It has been quite a while since I have posted any updates and there has been quite a few, got a genuine RH panel complete with fire extinguisher buttons. somne extra parts for both LH side console and RH console, including a replacement hand controller with the voice recorder controls and a panel which has a part which the wanderlamp is stored and a jack release lever on the right console i got the TACAN the throttle rock test/governor test/APU test controls the NVG controls external lights controls, tank fuel temperature gauges the AICS controls although not sure if they were fitted during Gulf war. I have changed my mind about trying to make it accurate to a particular time as its almost imposible to find out what the layout was like during GW1 and I have learned that its possible that no cockpit was ever identical it dpeneds on the mod state im still saying mine is a GW1 GR1 though! I also got a rapd take of panel, it only had 2 switches in place so i have just purchsed the rest of thds switches and they came today so I have installed those, the ganging lever is broken so i casnt operate it but i might try and make something so it can be used even thought it wont be authentic. so its getting there but theres still a lot to do, like somehow i still need to construt some kind of cockpit framework i think i might never get it complete but I have got this far so I will carry on trying!