PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Flight Instructor’s Exam
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2019, 19:37
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually fair enough. I see there exists a mechanism that in certain limited circumstances, G1's can attain the rating under part 61 without having done PMI or equivalent exam. I'll concede on that point.
What's that? You were..........wr..wr..wrong?

And it wasn't limited circumstances. How many Grade 3 and 2 instructors do you reckon there were at the transition to Part 61? A hundred? A couple of hundred? A thousand? None of them have done or will do PIRC as part of their upgrade. Google is not your friend in this case.

Point 2. You've bolded two words, are you going to consider the whole sentence? Probably not, because it suits you not to address the points made. Not my finest moment when you consider grammar, language and sentence construction. The FAA handbook is handy, it has some great material in it, however, some of the material is dated. Your point that the exam hasn't changed in 15 years in itself is a problem. The 'no guidance' remark was the thread starter commenting that there was.........no guidance material.

This has divulged into little more than point scoring. The reality is that Australia has simply been brought into line other developed nations. For those who do the exam, they may just show up to the first day at work with half an idea of how to do their job
You can't be serious suggesting the PIRC exam prepares a Grade 3 for instructing? Name one Instructor who will say 'The PIRC course was awesome, it really set me straight on instructing'

Better advice from you would be advising all instructors that have airline pilot ambitions how you got accepted into all the 'majors?' That's no mean feat, probably hasn't been achieved by any Australian pilot? You're awesome.