PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 29th Aug 2019, 15:18
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by juliusg
Colonel Klink is right on. Couple more points, lot of disparagement in these posts and some who clearly don't fly on VA. (I am VA and QF plat). The VA Business class exceeds QF every time in catering. Flew QF business yesterday Cairns-Sydney; one white, one red wine. That's a choice? No salad. Seeded sourdough or seeded sourdough. Fly VA business often interstate and USA & HK. VA can't be beaten in J. I suspect international will go as well as Tiger, since the results show a decent profit on domestic and 7% revenue growth. Get rid of the stuff that doesn't work, and possibly even ditch the Virgin branding as this costs millions each year too.
But Qantas makes a profit and Virgin doesn't. Obviously Virgin is spending too much on it's product up the front. An out of this world product is great, like AN International, but don't get used to it because it won't be around long if it's not sustainable... well, in Virgin it seems it will because it just goes on and on and on regardless of profit and keeps paying it's CEO bonuses on and on and on for crappy performance. I feel very sorry for the people who may lose their jobs, it is tragic and most of us have been through it... what's really terrible here is that it's become an airline run by people with not much competence at running an airline because despite the good product, the company is generally incompetent... can't get EBAs signed for years, can't negotiate, tosses people out who know what they're doing and replaces them with sycophants who use all the right management-speak words in every meeting... too much duplication, too much taking a simple process and putting sixteen steps in it, 3 spreadsheets to be updated, cobbled together joke IT solutions (a friend flew with them a while ago and said they checked in at the kiosk then got to the gate and weren't checked in... heard this from a few people although it hasn't happened to me)... these are very basic things that add complexity and layers that aren't necessary.