PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Theory and Speculation On AA A300 Crash In New York
Old 24th Jan 2002, 06:43
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like you I am a pilot and an engineer. Surely you should have enough experience to know that we have no idea which way a particular aircraft type will react to certain stresses in certain conditions. History has proven time and time again that 'foolproof' systems have a way of failing. Imagine the bridge buiders shock who built indestuctable bridges when they were confronted by 'resonance' and found a moderate wind could knock their bridges down. I am amazed that you cannot accept that a structural problem caused by control input in certain conditions resulted in this accident.

Of course it may not have been, but JFK conspiracy theories do not lie around EVERY corner in life. History has proven that aircraft crash investigators do a pretty good job and are reasonably honest (thank God). How likely is it that they are trying to cover something up or that they are barking up the wrong tree and that a 500 stall man is correct. Unfortunately I have to say my money goes on the investigators. No offense intended but I think you need to accept that history will probably prove you wrong. Of course there is a chance that what you say is correct and I accept that and welcome discussion on it, but I think you are a bit brazen to shoot down the proven experts based on your lower level of experience in crash investigation (I assume you are not an experienced crash investigator because I'm sure you would have added it to your CV)