PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Aug 2019, 11:39
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Hi all, Im back after a couple of days off air.

At the insistence of my wife, a visit to the doctor, which I am pleased to say confirms that I am stressed and anxious, but no hint of depression. I very much appreciate the sentiments and support, but be assured there is nothing to be concerned about. Energised and firing on all cylinders.

Regarding the Go Fund me page set up by a past employee. Thank you Cale. The support on there is overwhelming. My adult children don’t know all the details, after all it is a complicated matter. It must raise doubts when their Dad is banging heads with the Regulator. The messages of support and encouragement have removed ANY doubt from their mind. As a Dad, it’s a great burden to have lifted. Cheers all. Keep the messages coming. They send a clear message.

I appreciate the calls for Dick Smith to get involved. May I respectfully request that I ask Mr Smith to monitor. I believe I have a unique case to be tested i.e. nothing about safety, and nothing about regulatory breaches. It’s a clear demonstration of what happens when people apply opinion which cannot be supported by regulation. It strikes right to the heart of the PMs speech on expectations of the public service, CASAs regulatory philosophy, the Minister Statement of Expectations. It effects the entire industry, and I believe my case provides the perfect test case; I don’t know if I am right, but I think I am. Importantly, it won't be CASA that decides, and that is the purpose of the quest to raise $50,000.

If Dick Smith dropped $50,000 on the table, I suggest that would have less impact than 50,000 people dropping $1 each. Every donation is equally uplifting. I know some of the donors, and I know they are digging deep. This is a beautiful struggle and very uplifting. Whilst all the offers of assistance outside of the legal case are appreciated i.e. utilities, school fees etc, I see that very much as my own issue.

I am well underway on starting work as a Taxi driver, Uber driver, and a driving instructor. I am seeking support for the legal case only. If we can raise $50,000 that will facilitate a substantive law firm pulling the case apart and presenting their findings back to us on CASA’s unconscionable actions. Then I decide how to proceed.

I genuinely believe this first stage to be worthwhile.

I previously posted a letter to the PM and I can confirm that has been sent and received, I will shortly be writing to all Senators, and post my correspondence on here.

For those of you that have seen me shed a tear (admittedly the first to cry at a “chick flick” if that's PC still), that is not depression. That is actually the most heartfelt appreciation that a human being can have. Its something that hopefully few get to experience. But those that have experienced, will appreciate just how much each gesture means. Cheers all.

As a side note regarding Steve's article in Australian Flying, which I encourage you to buy a copy of the magazine; even buy a copy for your non aviator friends!! That is an enormous amount of work he has waded through. Massive file after, massive file, after massive file. I have no doubt, much of it unpaid. It really is an exceptional contribution, for me, and for the wider industry.

Lets go get em!