PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 28th Aug 2019, 11:10
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ADawg
The first out the door should be the HR department. Considering all the BS candidates are subjected to during the recruitment process at considerable expense, it would seem all of that nonsense has failed to secure the best fit to manage this company. Fail.
It goes deeper than that... I suspect that they have been at the root of recruiting the sort of people that if, by a miracle, someone has gotten through the gauntlet to actually obtain a position that they are well qualified for and have a proven track record of being adept at, this weaselly group of what can only be called a club set about undermining it and managers generally get led down the path by these no hopers, hence any expertise that - pardon the pun - 'lands' in the company is quickly sought out and eliminated... I've known more than a few people very well qualified and respected who've been parachuted into this toxic place and given the big A not long after because of I don't know, people of low intellect and total ineptitude are threatened by them or something and orchestrate their demise... often the people doing the orchestrating preside over total disasters in their own areas but that is never brought to book... at the very least the human remains department seem to have been the enablers of stupid people getting jobs who then undermine anyone who tries to get the place running in the right direction.
What's worse is that from what I'm told, they've all arrived with some HR degree but not one day of experience or understanding of (some would say even the capacity to develop an understanding of) the airline business or the special circumstances that shift and operational and/or crew operate in.