PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA/Rex/Tiger August announcements???
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2019, 09:49
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Google Head

A good theory, and although I personally doubt the eventuation; Singapore couldn’t do a worse job of running the place??
You seem to forget the utter debacle of Tiger which they owned outright and then quietly offloaded so as to save face. I wish people would stop painting SQ as this great, brilliant and genius outfit... they have some damn incompetent people working for them as I learned during a cutover many years ago where they sent people who had no idea what they were doing and the handling airline had to set everything up and practically train the staff as well... they are profitable because they sit at the cross-roads of the world in a trading hub and have been able to capitalise on it for decades as well as capture a lot of Australia Europe traffic by fudging their location and operating through services along with the majority of their staff being employed at what is by any objective definition a Police State. They are not much chop really when it all comes down to it. They will not take over VA/TT because if they do they know now there will be no one else to palm it off to like they did with TT in order to save face once they make a hash of it again like they did with TT.