PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Aug 2019, 09:05
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
It seems that any time a general aviation organisation gets to a size, or reaches a certain level of competence or public profile, CASA decides its a threat and kills it.

There is nothing worse for a manager and I guess regulator, to lose control of the agenda because your underlings seem smarter or more capable or more successful than you.

APTA would, I suspect, know more about running a flight school under the new part ??? regime than any individual at CASA, having lived through the transition process. I suspect that that FACT was seen as a threat by CASA management. Similarly Angel Flight (public profile) and perhaps schutts, civil flying school, polair (?) and others even like the humble folk who want to band together for a milk run. If you are seen as a threat you’re gone.

Readers might like to suggest their own examples.

Assuming what i’ve suggested is true, GA businesses might like to consider donating against the day that CASA decides it doesn’t like you any more.
Like charter, scenic and RPT ops in Darwin that recently took a big financial hits dealing with CAsA and the "delays" - luckily they did survive in some form.