PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NADP Accel Alts
Thread: NADP Accel Alts
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2019, 07:25
Miles Magister

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The basic premise of a NAPD is to point your noise back at the airfield for as long as possible as you gain height to transit the noise sensitive area which is when you should reduce your thrust and transit the sensitive area quietly.

However you should note that there is no longer any such thing as the NAPD 1/2 in the ICAO PANSOPS Doc, it was removed some time ago and the Doc now states that operators should construct their own noise abatement procedures. I do not have the reference available right but will now but will try and find it later. You should consider things like limiting body angle to 15 Deg as with some modern aircraft, especially business jets, if you depart at full power and V2+10 then the RoC will be very high and level off manoeuvres will require uncomfortably large and rapid control inputs. Also if the pitch attitude is very high it could be difficult to handle at full power in the case of an engine failure on departure, high power and high nose with large yaw are not sensible.

So plan your own NAPD and write it in your Ops manual but think of body angle limits. It could be a good idea to plan all of your departures to reduce power after gear retraction and maintain max body angle of 15 Deg with flap to 1500' or flap retraction alt. This will comply with the previous ICAO NAPDs, easily comply with minimum climb gradients and allow safe effective operations.

MM

Edit: I think you can find reference to the requirement to design your own NAPD in the Jepp Vol 1 Air Traffic procedures noise abatement, but do not quote me as I do not have access to any Jepps any more. If you use the word search function on your EFB you should find the right paragraph easily.

Last edited by Miles Magister; 28th Aug 2019 at 07:36.