PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Aug 2019, 02:21
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I try and look on the bright side: think of all the investment growth and jobs that could flow from a reinvigorated GA business sector.

I drive past my local airstrip and on a sunny day, with a snow covered Mt. Buller in the background, think “if this was the U. S. or New Zealand, there would be scenic flights just buzzing, both rotary and fixed wing today”

Then in summer we would have shuttles to the high plains for bushwalkers and deer hunters, plus scenic, plus winery tours, and that’s just a start. Moorabbin is 45 minutes away by C172 or three hours by road. Why not an air taxi service?

I once tried to organize a helicopter tour for Two overseas couples - pickup, winery and lunch at Chrismont in the King Valley and maybe Milawa on the way back - was all too hard. I believe you can do it in the yarra valley, but who wants to risk setting up when you can get “Buckleyed” out of business by CASA on a whim?