PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 27th Aug 2019, 15:47
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SMT Member
Der Spiegel

Renowned German publication, Der Spiegel, has produced a through piece of journalism on Boeing and the 737. It paints a picture of Boeing so damaging, it makes one consider the future viability of the company.
I just finished reading that three-parter. I think it paints a fairly reasonable picture, in broad terms, but (a) the tone is more that of an editorial than of an investigative piece; (b) there is very little, if any, information that has not been previously published (sometimes in more-accurate and better-sourced form); and (c) it is entirely clear that the authors and editors have little technical knowledge of aviation.

That said, I agree that it would be reasonable to wonder about Boeing's future viability -- if not for the fact that it's nearly impossible to believe that the government of the US, and the business and financial sectors together, won't do absolutely everything possible to maintain B as a going concern and world leader in aircraft manufacture.