PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Aug 2019, 10:06
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
I hope Glen has the energy to continue to fight the good fight, and receives adequate financial support to do so. But be aware that it’s been fought many, many times before at a much higher level than a single ‘troublemaker’ like Glen, and he’ll pay a heavy price even if he ‘wins’.

The Aviation Safety Regulatory Review was ‘crowd funded’ - by the taxpayer. Outcome? Everything’s fixed.

The review of medical certification was ‘crowd funded’ - by the taxpayer. Outcome? Everything’s fixed.

These are just a couple of recent examples out of many.

Ask the CVDPA how much stress and costs a few members incurred and continue to incur fighting CASA Avmed, and how little financial support CVDPA got even from colour vision deficient pilots and aspiring pilots, much less the broader pilot population. And this is in a situation in which Avmed’s position has been shown to be based on superstition and in breach of the law about tests requiring the simulation of an operational situation, rather than an objective assessment of the evidence.

I hope I’m wrong, but I reckon the donations to Glen’s cause won’t make it to anywhere near $50K. (I will donate, as I have to the CVDPA).
The Tax Payer is not crowdfunding.

Your examples are the same that the politicians use when they get granted 'large' pay rises - they were independently determined (by people we pay very well).