PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Chart simplification! why, why, WHY?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 11:55
GA Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
brianh
I am happy to take personal responsibility for what survival gear I carry on ANY flight. I don't need some bureaucrat to tell me that a line on the map takes me from safe to unsafe or vice versa
Yes I agree completely about what gear I carry with me, however IMHO having the DRA lines on the charts may just help increase those famous words situational awareness with the area in which they exist.

I have put a number of suggestions to NASIG and AirServices and had excellent feedback and results
Unfortunately I can't say I have had the same results. I sent an email 3 weeks ago with some general questions and feedback, I'm still waiting for a response.

I must say that I'm not against change, I'm all for making things simpler for the average GA bugsmasher. I just can't understand the need to remove some of those things I mentioned in the original post, it gets back to what I said, I don't see the benefit of removing these things.
I read somewhere that it reduces clutter, but I don't think the charts were cluttered to begin with!

Well it's all too late really anyway, it seems to be chugging along at full steam ahead. I'll just watch with interest to see what happens!