PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay or SAA?
Thread: Cathay or SAA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2019, 01:45
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abezzi,

you have to excuse my colleagues. They lived in a bubble for their entire life and are not really aware of what is going on outside. They think what is happening right now in Hong Kong constitutes as a major crisis. Some are still recovering from a 30 minute delay of public transport because of a demonstration last week. They never experienced real hardship except maybe missing the happy hour at their local. They have no idea about the job market, the wages or flight experience required. Plus they have absolutely no clue whatsoever what it means to have a passport with restrictions. For them it is a mysterious document you strangely have to show some dude in a funny uniform before the door in front of you opens.

At the moment things are so bad, some of my colleagues are now seriously considering looking for options. As a matter of fact, I know from a very reliable source, one of them even briefly thought about clicking on a job advert on this very website. He was luckily stopped at the last hour by a call from his helper who asked what he wants for supper, but it was really really close.

In short, if you want genuine information about life in Hong Kong and working for the local airlines you will have to look elsewhere.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 27th Aug 2019 at 02:13.