PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hypothetical - Robinson Total Electrical Failure
Old 26th Aug 2019, 21:44
RandomPerson8008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbiee
Why is this confusing to you? Tach failure and Electrical failure are two seperate emergemcies. Sure Electrical failure includes Tach failure, but Tach failure does not include Electrical failure. There's Governor failure too you know, as a completely seperate issue.
It's not so much confusing as surprising that there would not be an independent source of power for the tach (as it is in many light airplanes, to me the tach in a robinson would be a lot more critical), . I fully understand that they can fail independently.

Is it a NiCad battery? If so, you do know that they tend to 'cliff-edge'? ie good volts, good volts, good volts - no volts!
POH says it's lead acid.

Thanks for all the replies. My questions have been answered so I will bow out. I don't have any choice in flight schools, so it is either this or I quit. Also helicopter flying for me is just for fun, I have no ability to do it professionally because of fixed wing flying obligations.