PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 10:57
CDRW

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

The terms and conditions that SIA are offering are to be honest a farce - its a bit of poker on their side - put out an offer that is on par with contracts offered by third world developing nations and see what response you get.

Join on the freighter and you certainly will get a command and I suspect in pretty short order as no-one from mainline will volunteer to go for that rubbish - a few will be forced but hopefully they will find better employ else where. If you are married, have a squeeker or two who are in the schooling system and are of a European background, you simply will not make ends meet, unless, you go for local schools, which are not bad, but you must start your kids in the system and not join it at say age 8 onwards. There is also quite alot of pressure on the kids in the schools Accomodation will also be a bit of a challenge, quite a big challenge infact. Really in all honesty I suppose that the contract suites ( and I use that word very liberally) either oldish guys, good pension, want a bit of play money and get around a bit, or very young guys, (no kids, maybe a wife) short on time and want to fly the old banger -400 and get it on the licence - do some time and move on. - Good luck

Last edited by CDRW; 6th Nov 2003 at 14:51.