PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 09:56
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CG

There is an aviation world out there besides AOPA and it's members
Yes there is, but we are here to represent them against the regionals (who, given the opportunity would own all the airspace), the RAAF (who, given the opportunity, would own all the airspace) and the ATC union (who, given the opportunity would control all the airspace thus pricing VFR out of the system).

Just as your union represents you, we represent our members and because they pay the bills, we listen to their opinions.

You want your opinion considered by us, join.

But as primary backup is not available at remote locations, faulty transponders render traffic invisible to all detection
And transponders ain't mandatory in 'E' now, so NAS improves this situation markedly!! (not that I'm agreeing to mandatory txps below 8500' anyway).

How many members can drag...

their Grummans above 8500
I thought you guys were supposed to know about aeroplanes

Well both the Tiger and Cheetah can operate quite hapilly at 12,000' as can most normally aspirated a/c with more than 150 horses. I regularly use 9500' on longer trips. Many of our members have TC'd Arrows, Cessnas, Bonazas, Twins, 'super' homebuilts etc. For many of these FL250 is no challenge!!!

Oh, and in answer to the typical 'anti-AOPA bleat' of the previous poster, I did this already on

www.aopa.com.au

Just go to forums, Airservices issues.

AK