PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 09:53
AOPA_members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure there are people out there who are 'horrified', I just haven't found any yet. From an AOPA perspective, the current Board policy is set by the majority and that policy is to support 2b and monitor the implimentation of the rest.
That means AOPA is open to any suggestions AOPA members may wish to make on the topic and this comment may change Board majority opinion. So, I suggest you ask any members you know who are 'horrified' to contact any one of us as a matter of urgency.
Do you really think the New board is interested in its members perspective?

If they really are interested in us members they should set up their web site with a quiz on pressing issues a bit like an online Survey. You can see an example of this @ http://www.ozipilotsonline.com.au/home.php

They should also get out in the Aviation Community at the grass roots and see what people have to say. We need to see the human side of the AOPA board as real people who are genuinely concerned about us individuals and collectively too.

The perception of the AOPA board needs to be turned around from Board members from pushing their own personal agenda’s once elected, to pushing the collective agenda of the AOPA members & General Aviation for what they where elected for.

At the moment when you vote in a AOPA election it is a bit like playing Russian roulette or spin the bottle as none of the candidates have a policy, so we know what we are getting if we elected the individual. It is a bit like investing in something without knowing what the return is going to be in the end.

We just have to hope this all changes in the future, so the AOPA members are not flying blind when it comes to election time.