PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 09:42
Chief galah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snarek

There is an aviation world out there besides AOPA and it's members. From my dealings with part-time pilots, they have little idea of the big picture of the industry. This is evident in their posts as well.

Even tho' we "control" C CTR, where transponder use is mandatory, we are constantly reminding pilots to activate transponders, change code, check alt, recycle. The discipline is not there now and I can't see this improving. Additionally, faulty transponders are not detected until ATC intervenes. It's only the primary radar backup that reveals the aircraft in the first instant.
But as primary backup is not available at remote locations, faulty transponders render traffic invisible to all detection.

I would like to know how many are going to be able to take advantage of E airspace. Apart from the riskiest area of E steps to D towers, will your members be able to drag their Grummans above 8500? Just a poultry (sic) few I suspect. So why have we placed the paying public to unnecessary and increased risk. There is no logic to it.

Niles C.

This is the folly of NAS. Anyone who thinks we will have the same as the US, obviously has serious delusional problems.

CG