PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hypothetical - Robinson Total Electrical Failure
Old 26th Aug 2019, 08:42
RandomPerson8008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During start I don't really want anything except power to the starter and tachometers, and as many engine indications/warning system as I can get without impeding current available for the starter, I guess. Raven I so there is no electric fuel pump. I know that rotor brake engagement defeats the starter, RPM under 80% defeats the governor, and collective full down (as it is during start) defeats low rpm warning.

I also realize that the tachometers receive power with both the battery and alternator switches off + clutch switch engaged, but the manual implies that the battery is still the source of their power in this configuration (via a wire bypassing the battery relay).

Mostly I ask because it seems crazy that if you lost the battery and alternator you would be flying without low rpm warning, tachometers, and governor. It would seem very difficult to fly the machine without all 3 of those. I was hoping they designed an alternative power source for some of those system but couldn't find a straight answer in the manual.

Last edited by RandomPerson8008; 26th Aug 2019 at 09:28.