PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heads Up! Fighter Pilot: The Real Top Gun
Old 26th Aug 2019, 07:20
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Flugplatz

I omitted to put one of those smiley things with my post - the lovely Anne, my technical adviser, wasn't around to advise me!

I have a golden rule with social media - I try never to make a comment that I wouldn't be prepared to say to someone's face in the pub. However when I was at Changi in the late 60s, 20 SQN and 74 over at Tengah flew pointy things and had no need at all of the Vasco de Gama types like me ( Hunters and Lightnings for those not in the know ) and I would imagine the navs on 45 & 81 ( Canberras ) took a fair bit of joshing in Tengah OM bar.

Over the years I think postings from Nav' School reflected 2 things; need i.e vacancies and secondly whichever fleet was 'flavour of the month' at the time. At certain times the top studes were going to V Force, other times to the Shackleton, late 60s the Herc' and from about 72' the VC10. I left at the end of '73 ( because I was always going to put my lovely Camberley Girl ahead of the RAF ) and can't comment on post then.

Warm Toast

Thank you for that poem - my Camberley Girl has just printed it off. Thanks for the congrats' too!
TTN

Many thanks too!

SORRY for the thread drifting away folks - back to my bath chair and hot chocolate.

Last edited by Brian 48nav; 26th Aug 2019 at 07:22. Reason: missing e