PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first flight experience!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 08:29
sinsall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Nothing fishy hear im glad to say.(interesting to know why you should think this a tad fishy though)

I have to say,and this is what annoyed me,I could have been upside down,doing a loop,flying backwards(interesting) for all I knew cus I lost my cool as I was just trying to fight the sensation.
We started off by doing between 20/45degree banks then steep climbs, then he said we will do some 90degree banks. Up until then I was fine.

A big problem for me in some ways was that I had spent 3months on microsoft flight simmulator and was fixated on the instruments. So when I banked over to 90degrees the nose dropped,I think I should have increased the power with the turn,it was at this point I lost my cool and the instructor was giving me running commentary on what I was doing wrong but nothing he was saying was sinking in apart from when he said we were peaking in the red. We had dropped from 2000ft to 1000ft then climbed back up to 2000ft' .

Im not making a big deal of this it was just unpleasant,interesting to note that pilot will was told to tighten his stomach,I found this happened as a reaction to the G's and that I should counteract this with deep breathing?

I never felt scared but was sooooo annoyed that i lost concentration,I have worked for Sky as a cameraman/vision mixer for a few years and in the industry for many so Im used to doing a zillion things at once on live tv.

Yes this is all new to me and I was hell-bent on leaving work and getting my ATPL either fixed wing or rotary. But my aim now(after being inspired by a thread written by pilot pete) is to do a modular whilst at work(part-time) and ENJOY flying fixed wing without the pressure of having to fing a job at the end of it.(but would be nice).

Wonder why the instructor told me not to mention the 90 degree banks to the CFI!!!lol

Last edited by sinsall; 6th Nov 2003 at 09:04.