PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 08:28
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually

It hadn't been checked for over 10 year as there is no such requirement for VFR aircraft.
There is, and mine has just been serviced again on the request of Cairns controllers. The trouble with 'scheduled service' is it often stuffs up a perfectly good unit that then has to be recalibrated as was the case this time.

I would prefer to have mine checked by the (obviously new) system the approach guys have and not do the Inst 8s or 9s.

As for your scenario, well the VFR was operating legally, seems the IFR was not.

I am sure there are people out there who are 'horrified', I just haven't found any yet. From an AOPA perspective, the current Board policy is set by the majority and that policy is to support 2b and monitor the implimentation of the rest.

That means AOPA is open to any suggestions AOPA members may wish to make on the topic and this comment may change Board majority opinion. So, I suggest you ask any members you know who are 'horrified' to contact any one of us as a matter of urgency.

AK