PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-YTM final report
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2019, 01:11
Squawk7700

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Clearedtoreenter

I sometimes have the shear thrill of flying Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar or Tiger between capital cities. It really is not a fun experience as you drag through those dreadful terminals, queue for check-in and security, walk km’s to/from car parks, escalators and so on. It’s a challenge for a healthy person. Then find yourself squashed next to to some great overweight unwashed buff head with a massive bag that some how is forced into the locker and who just has park his elbow in your ribs. I often think how awful that would be for AngelFlight folks, many of whom would need a to find a wheelchair or maybe in they're in middle of some unpleasant cancer treatment or perhaps trying to look after a sick, fractious child. The Angel Flight approach is seemless. Pilot hands over to Earth Angel, car might even be right next to the plane. There’s a friendly face with them all the way and they’re not dumped in one of those impersonal hostile concrete jungles.

Angel Flight is so much more than just flying. I do hope they get that bit sorted because they do a wonderful job.
Well said and therein lies many of the reasons for which they exist.