PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2019, 00:53
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much needed Investment

Originally Posted by Falcon666

Seriously you think that jobs on a business park pay better than an Airport these days!!.
Not sure if you live/ work around the Airport but I for one , who was born and raised in Luton am glad that the council are trying to invest heavily in its assets.Its about time, Luton has never been the most appealing place with too much negativity.
its a case of damned if they do, damned if they don’t for the council.
I share your sentiments Falcon666. If I had my way the airport would already be handling 32 million passengers a year! Luton Borough Council have been complacent in the past not realising that the airport was a potential money spinner for the town and a fantastic opportunity to make jobs for local people whether they live in Luton or Dunstable and Stevenage and St Albans etc. Many thousands of needed jobs could be created at the airport and in turn play it’s part in addressing the ever expanding aviation industry here in the UK. Not expanding the airport is morally wrong and goes against investment in local infrastructure but more importantly investing in the future for local workers.