PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-YTM final report
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2019, 22:20
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VHFRT
There are at least three daily RPT services from Mount Gambier to Adelaide with fares at stupidly low levels of about $100, so I'm really not sure why there was a need to send a VFR Tobago to do this.

The bigger concern I have is that Angel Flight seem to be able to pull the "oh but we're a charity" line and the public seems to think that means they can pull stuff like this. VFR flights in IFR conditions that are simply not required. Based on my last payslip, I paid about $3000 in income tax in 14 days, so why is there a need for this organisation to even exist?

I have fully read this report and I cannot see the reason for the "outrage" against the ATSB, except for the usual "CASA/ATSB must always be wrong" carry on. It seems to me to be a balanced and factual report that outlines the serious risks with this cowboy operation
Well said.
I agree although I think we are in the minority here! I'm not a fan of these flights, they should be left to the professionals with say an organisation set up to assist those that have no other option for effective SAFE transport.