PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 06:49
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CG

I am hardly a brigade. If you knew the internnal deleiberations of the AOPA Board you would know that I am neither black nor white on NAS.

However my personal concerns with NAS 2b are not strong enough to hold it back, as my problems are of a technical nature, and especially as some of it has been deferred.

I basically have frequency/comms concerns, but rather than whinge now, I intend to fly the system for a few months and try to make some constructive suggestions. I have spoken to people who have indicated they are open to and even supportive of changes based upon experience in the system rather than just an ideological union position.

I talk to as many people as I can, and in stark contradiction to what I read here, one senior RFDS pilot said to me "NAS is fine and the whingers are the second rate pilots" (or words to that effect). I have encountered some NAS concern, very little 'anti-NAS' sentiment and a general admission that what we have now is messy, expensive and unnecessary and urgently needs fixing.

AK