PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 24th Aug 2019, 07:05
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Final correspondence with CASA

Dear Mr Carmody,

I am compelled to respond to your recent letter dated 23rd August 2019 as my allegations are related to the conduct of 4 personnel working within the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). They engage broadly with industry, and if my allegations of misconduct are substantiated in a court of law, that has safety implications for the wider industry.

Those personnel have:
  • Breached CASAs own Regulatory Philosophy;
  • Breached their obligations under the PGPA Act;
  • Not acted in accordance with the Ministers Statement of Expectations;
  • Breached the obligations placed on them by Administrative Law;
  • Reduced aviation safety measurably and demonstrably by their conduct;
  • Clearly breached procedures outlined in CASAs enforcement manual;
  • Not acted in accordance with their respective Position descriptions;
  • Bought their fellow employees within CASA into disrepute through their actions.
I fully appreciate the substantive nature of the allegations, but the consequences of their actions are also substantive, and include not only negative safety outcomes but the closure of three businesses with an associated loss of jobs and the attendant domino effect down the chain. It is likely that more businesses will shortly be affected. As you are aware, I availed myself of CASAs internal procedure for dispute resolution, but the final report completely avoided the matters raised. The final ICC report was significantly “watered down” from the Preliminary Report, and the core complaints were completely omitted. The Prime Minister has called for members of the public service to work with industry, and many points from recent speech are pertinent in my situation. You have made it very clear that you will not be engaging further with me on this matter; accordingly, you leave me no option but to write to the Prime Minister.

Respectfully

Glen Buckley