PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enroute Climb Limit Weight
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 23:39
JABBARA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why that is not clear for you.
But I understand why you do not understand, because it is complex

Let me answer again to clarify"
The net flight path data must be in your AFM (or approved supplement of) because it is the law:
Yes but it is not in the form of pilot usable or pilot friendly and AFM is not an operational manual which normally distrubuted to pilots.

That is the extarct from A 330 AFM:
For en route net flight path (single engine cruise) performance determination, the Performance Engineer's Programs/AFM_OCTO approved FM module at the latest approved revision must be
used. Refer to PERF-OCTO Performance Database.

What I remeber at 90's, the B 737 AFM (which is not distrubuted to pilots but I grabbed one set somehow), used to consist of big, thick 2 or 3 binders (thousands pages) including NET FLIGHT PATH charts as well. But not anymore at least in AIRBUS AFM.

You determine the enroute limit weight using the AFM performance data (for net flight path, it must be there). But you won't be able to achieve that performance given the extra drag of the missing item, so you reduce actual weight by the amount stated in the CDL and your net flight path will still be okay.
Since as a pilot we cannot reach NET FLIGHT info or enroute limited weight values because it is not available for us (as I mentioned above paragraphs), the above quotation becomes void. I mean "reduce actual weight by the amount stated in the CDL" becomes void. There is no meaning of reducing the actual weight by amount of penalty Suppose our initial Actual TO weight before CDL was 200 t, so what should we do with CDL? Off loading payload by penalty? No way!
The penalty amount should be reduced from Enroute Limiting Weight, but There is no info about that in our hand.

As example A 330 CDL 57-04 FLAP TRACK FAIRING missing penalties

- Fuel consumption is increased by 3.42 %.
- Enroute performance Limiting Weight is reduced by 5 240 kg (11 553 lb)

First one is crystal clear : Example new trip fuel = TRIP FUEL x 1.0342

Second one is not clear: 5240 Kg? To subtract from which value? We do not know that. To find this value, we need the software mentioned in AFM and Route Obstacle Information.

I hope now you understand.

Last edited by JABBARA; 24th Aug 2019 at 00:45.