PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada recommendations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 17:59
Speedy_Gonzales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European 0 hours, considering Canada

I have been pricing up flight schools around the globe as my financial means are limited (borrowing most of it).
Getting a commercial pilots license in canada seems to be pretty cheap compared to reaching that level in europe, australia and even the USA (where i dont have the right to work anyway). From what I've read online there are lots of jobs, but some people dispute that.
I'm from ireland and jobs here seem to be fairly limited other than airlines, which is a long way off. I cant afford to get all the way to fATPL without work.
I would love a shot at working canada for a couple of years to build flight time and explore the country and they have a visa system that will allow this.
the end game would probably be to settle down back in Europe though.

Are there any europeans here that are training in canada, or did so in the past? Hows it going, any regrets or concerns?
Anyone in canada that can offer insight on the job market for someone with a fresh CPL ME / IR?
and finally anyone who has transferred their Canadian licenses to EASA, I know how it's done etc., did you find work hard to come by as you trained in a different system?