PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 00:25
glenb

Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts
The impact of CASA action on my wife.

I intend to call on the public, and particularly those in GA to support my cause.

If I intend to call on the public for support, I want you to understand why, and I will clearly outline the impact of the CASA action on my wife, my members, my children, on me, my staff and suppliers, organisations that wanted to join APTA etc. It will be very open. I have woken up today feeling somewhat "angry". I am probably overwhelmed by the support I have had and somewhat re-energised. I will deal with that when I selfishly get to the post about me.

To the four CASA personnel that I believe are accountable for my current situation.

Those that know me and my family will know that I am blessed with the most amazing (read; patient) wife. We have been married for close to 25 years, and quite seriously had one argument in that entire period. For the record, that was about me not intervening in what my wife perceived as an animal cruelty act. Not by me, but I was in two days of strife because I didn't intervene.

She is a small and somewhat petite lady weighing in with a fighting weight of about 45 kg. Not a particularly strong lady physically, but with a strong moral compass. As she is the sole income earner in the house now she is working 7 days a week, with a couple of 12 hour shifts thrown in. She prepares dinner, and runs the household. She prepares different healthy meals every night for meat-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans that make up our family. She runs the kids around non stop and never misses a sporting event. She lets home be my refuge, and doesn't make me justify the stresses that this situation has caused.

SHe works in aged care, and as I remind her often, is one of the few people that really love their job. She receives recognition for her care and compassion and her services are highly sought after. She has offers to work off the books and bypass the agency, and double her salary, which is attractive in our current situation. She tells me she doesn't want to do it because she feels like she would be having an affair. i.e. betraying the trust of the agency.

She plays and talks with our young adult children, and I constantly gaze at her in amazement, and reflect on how truly fortunate I am to have her. Years ago we had a treadmill in the bedroom. I would lie in bed watching TV and eating a Magnum. She would be wrapped up in Glad Wrap (????) on the Treadmill. Her nickname for me is "Gu"

She would say "Gu, don't die before me, and I would respond. "Well do something about it, and get off the Treadmill as I bit into another bite of double coated Magnum. Anyway, you get the picture. I reckon she is a pretty good catch for a fella like me.

Simple fact is that above everything else in my entire life, and even above my own children's welfare. Whether I be by her side, or I have departed before her. She must be warm when its cold until,her very last breath. I don't want her in a room smelling like urine, and I want someone to lovingly stroke her all day making her feel loved if I am not around.

When I walked into work at 9AM on 23 rd October, I knew I had achieved that for her. As I walked out the Office that day CMT 3 had initiated a sustained program that has now taken that away from her.

To Mr Crawford, Mr Martin, Mr Nuttall and Mr Lacey. You are the people that I hold fully responsible for this matter, and I intend to ensure that my complaints are objectively and independently assessed. I am not going away I can assure you. I have far too much respect for my wife.

Glen.