PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 13:35
ComplyWithMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell

Do not despair. There is always the modular route. I went down a similar route prior to JAR/EASA ~ the 700 hour, self improver route under the UK CAA. I was fortunate in that I was working full time on shifts, and found the time to study for the written exams over a period of 8 months. No need to go on any formal approved courses. Simply apply for the exams. Sandy Thomson & Pete Lyons, then at Booker, did a 4 week intense brush up course. Legends in their own lifetimes.

So save up ~ Class one medical: PPL first; EASA exams; hour building; modular CPL/IR; MCC.

What the modular route demonstrates is a determination to succeed through your hard work and perseverance. Something, I would suggest, a prospective employer will recognise as an admirable quality. A passion for hard work; pass the papers first time with high marks. Flying ~ no retakes. Team player with a positive MCC report.

Do this, and you will realise your dreams.
Thanks for your positive post. Much appreciated 😀 however I think you need to do the approved courses for ATPLs or else you can’t sit the exams.