PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook endorsements for ppl-training-aircraft needed?
Old 21st Aug 2019, 15:57
Morten afd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
However, you will need differences training for nosewheel, that can be signed off by the instructor who checks you out in the C172. No harm in asking them to sign off VP/prop differences at the same time however, as it provides duplicate confirmation. There are no minimum hours requirements - just a happy instructor.
G
Thanks for confirmation Ghengis. You lead me to another question, which I had in the back of my mind.
You said I would need an endorsement/difference training for nosewheel. Silly question: Why?

I interpreted it like this, that if I have a normal SEP I can fly any aircraft which does NOT have one of this 7 characteristics.
If I want to fly something more/in addition/different, I need the difference training. So I thought the tailwheel includes the nosewheel/trigear setup.

Following your logic it would mean, that if I have made the SEP on a variable pitch model, I need an endorsement for fixed pitch?

Comment: Not that I am avoiding to ask my FI for that, I just want to understand the logic.