PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2019, 12:53
MDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGPO
Respectfully, recently DSA themselves have begun to market routes like Timisoara, as ' a tourist destination'.
Also we are still stuck in the mindset that everyone on a Wizz flight is a migrant. But ironically I was chatting to a local Polish friend , who thinks ( naturally) Wizz is a great product, bit he said that there are often tourists on the flights as , like any country Poland ( as an example) has a lot of stunning places .

Also keeping in mind , they are adding routes , so this becursed Brexit drama , seems not to be affecting their offerings, which are up by one flight from the summer , this coming winter .
Also with better timings , and I'm sure while not common , you could in theory pickup a dirt cheap flight to Warsaw then take advantage of connections to , ' city break or tourist destinations' not offered unless you travel to London or Dublin .

Ok granted such pax could be counted on one hand , but Wizz would not be introducing routes like Moldova , which I'm not certain there is a huge Moldovan local population.
So it is clearly a Tourist choice as per the DSA announcement, repleat with colourful photos of stunning city scenes !.
My comment definitely wasn't meant in a derogatory sense, rather just an analysis of their primary target market for business purposes, as reflected by their less suitable timings into certain destinations (eg. getting picked up by a relative on the other side late at night)

Destinations in Poland such as Krakow are definitely becoming city break destinations (as per Jet2 from LBA) and it would be nice to see less explored destinations become more attractive to the local tourist market as they broaden their horizons. More people overall = more flights, which is the best outcome after all.

KRK, WAW, BUD, and even KIV are great opportunities with well known cities in hopefully stimulating city break holidays from DSA.