PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Aug 2019, 03:41
glenb

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
15/03/19 commecial imapct

I write to CASA again trying to minimise the commercial impact

15/03/19

Irrespective, the CASA action has bought enormous harm to me and my business. I certainly don’t intend to be combative but I am on the cusp of robustly defending my own reputation, that of APTA, and of the personnel associated with me. I do require something of CASA however, and I feel my request is fair.

CASA has initiated a substantial action, that has significant impact. The cause of those issues is the “freeze” that has been placed on APTA. I do not believe that the “freeze” is fair.

I have a number of outstanding tasks, some waiting since August of last year, months after the freeze even commenced. I also have Ballarat Aero Club with their new simulator sitting idle for many months. They are trying to add a new resource to improve safety and standards. I also have Latrobe Valley base unable to renew an existing capability, as CASA refuse to conduct its required renewal on the sim. I have a 737 sim waiting in Brisbane for the addition of the MCC Course, and a full motion 737 sim arriving shortly at Moorabbin that will sit idle.

My argument is not against the freeze, although I am opposed to it. My request should be relatively simple in that I am requesting a written notification. David Jones, Will Nuttall, And Brad Lacey were the “triggers” for the action, and I have not received any formal notification after nearly 5 months of a “freeze”.

Would I be able to respectfully request a written notification as to what action has been taken, the reasons for it, and the basis of that action. I would imagine that such a substantive CASA action may have some corresponding written notification. This would help me to understand what is going on.

To date, David Jones and Will Nuttall have advised verbally that they have applied a “freeze” and I know it is happening, because we are certainly feeling it, but we have only the verbal intention of David Jones, and Will Nuttall. CASA has chosen to stop processing tasks that would normally be processed. I feel that negatively impacts on safety. For clarity, I am requesting that the relevant department within CASA provide written notification in support of the action that David Jones in his role as Acting Regional Manager, and Will Nuttall my CMT3 leader initiated.

Thankyou in anticipation of your co-operation.