PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Aug 2019, 03:29
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Commercial Impact of CASAs action 10/01/19

Good Morning Will,

Ermin has advised me that the FSTD evaluation for Ballarat and Latrobe Valley will not be proceeding, with other tasks, on the basis that CASA is waiting for me to “supply documents”.

· APTA is CASA approved

· CASA has made a “request for documents” only at this stage.

· CASA has not clearly identified any breach to me, despite repeated requests going back over the 12 weeks.

· CASAs actions to date have significantly impacted on this business.

· Ballarat Base had made a significant investment in the new APTA sim. This increases safety and standards. It is imperative that they have it operating due normal commercial pressures of business.

· Working on the basis that one is “innocent until proven guilty”, CASA has not identified an offence, CASA decision has significant impacts on APTA.

Can you please clearly confirm to me that the sole reason for CASA electing not to move forward on any APTA submitted projects, is that you are waiting on documentation from me. From my perspective, it would seem fair to assume innocence, minimise the impact on my business, and proceed forward until CASA can clearly and concisely advise me of the regulation that has been broken, or the safety concerns.

CASA has obligations on it, to move forward in a manner that considers the impact of its decisions, on business. I look forward to your response.

Due to the important nature of the timelines, I do need to move quick and would respectfully request a response by close of business today. I am meeting with the Ballarat Aero Club committee at 4PM today, as we try to minimise the impact of CASA actions to date. I will need to submit this as a formal complaint to the ICC at 9am tomorrow morning if you have been unable to respond.

May I also lodge a formal request for you, or your nominee to meet with the Ballarat Aero Club committee. The impact of the CASA action could potentially lead to a complete cessation of their operations after almost 100 years. As you will appreciate, this is extremely concerning for them. I am meeting with them tonight, but have little to offer.

I really don’t understand enough about what is going on to explain it to them. I think it is a fair and reasonable request that CASA provide either yourself or someone from your office to meet with the committee at both Latrobe Valley and Ballarat aero clubs to brief them on CASAs perspective. It really isn’t my job to do, I don’t understand it, and I may not represent CASA as they would wish.

I have made this request previously and again it was completely ignored. Could you also indicate if CASA could facilitate that meeting. Please note that they are interested parties as your initial documentation very clearly identified and involved them.

Thankyou for your consideration, cheers. Glen