PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HP Black Hawk
Thread: HP Black Hawk
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2019, 16:11
roscoe1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by retoocs
On the TC, it list the S-70M as a derivative of the UH-60M.
There are some non TC'ed S70i aircraft out there; in fact unless CAL FIRE and Sikorsky changed the wording of their contract, the State of California is getting S70i aircraft. Perhaps 15 or 20 years from now someone may be able to get their own restricted TC for them if California were to sell one. My only point was that the procedure would have to be what any organization would need to complete to get a restricted TC but since the S70i was not operated by the military the FAA would have to figure out the configuration it would have to meet to be certificated. If these ships are made and sold with no TC then the issue of all the mods not being traceable to FAA approved STCs would have to be dealt with. Just saying for those aircraft that fall in this group it is a little more complicated. For all I know, Sikorsky will never build another S70i; perhaps they will all be S70Ms now. It depends on what is on the data plate and there was no S70M when the S70is I'm referring to were built. I know LA county and I believe Ventura Counta in California have also written contracts for S70i aircraft. Maybe everyone just switched that to S70M. I know I would if possible. Aside from better resale possibilities, it allows the public operator to have FAA approved data that actually applies to their aircraft and the allows potential civil operators to run them in the first place.