PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-YTM final report
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2019, 07:06
megan

Received 426 Likes on 217 Posts
I wouldn't mind a bet that this was not the first time this pilot has done this
From Light plane crash near Mt Gambier a post by the Father of the Mother killed in the crash, post#223. Bolding mine.
My daughter and her daughter did not have any say in the Mount Gambier plane crash. My daughter had asked me "How can a pilot fly in cloud ?" as my daughter Tracy told me that this particular pilot had flown in IFR with them previously. I, Fifty years ago flew gliders and I explained to my daughter how it was suppose to work. I convinced her that it would be OK, I also told her if she was scared about flying conditions, then don't go. I would drive them both to Adelaide and back again, A fifteen hour drive. I had been driving them to Adelaide and back up to three times a week. That is why she organised the Angel Flight, to save her seventy years old father (me) whom after some two months was physically becoming unable to continue with the driving. I trusted them to a stranger. Now they are dead.
And His post#225
For Ten weeks I had been driving my daughter and grand daughter to Adelaide and back the same day, three times a week. My daughter was trying to save the life of here daughter who on that same day was going to be admitted to the eating disorder clinic. I would suggest all here go and research anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. I told our Tracy there is a 30% chance Emily was going to die of the mental illness, no matter what everybody was doing for Emily. "Dad, shes my daughter, I have to do this". Tracy was our daughter and I had to do this
too. But I at seventy plus, all that travelling and 15 hours terribly emotional trips was slowly wearing me down. My daughter organised AF so save my health. Tracy was our only daughter and I wish I had died instead of those two beautiful human beings - "The world is a sadder place with their going"
I wonder how He is coping today?