PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 19th Aug 2019, 06:50
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nyt
One wonders why the plane has been grounded for so long with more than one issue to fix then. All to accommodate below average pilots I guess? You're right about human failure though but it lied in the engineering and certification process IMSLFO.
The final action to return the aircraft to service will not involve any changes to the QRH procedures for the stab trim problem the MCAS caused. They will require the MCAS system to use two sensors (which was available all along but not picked up as an option by many) but the crew actions will not be changed. If the crews had been properly trained and followed the procedures correctly the MCAS failures would not have resulted in accidents. The grounding is political, not safety related.

I disagree that it takes an above average pilot to fly these, or most aircraft and certainly all airliners must be able to be flown by average pilots. All pilots of all skill levels should be trained and able to follow the emergency procedures for their aircraft. Does anyone disagree with that?

I would be ashamed, as a pilot, to blame my failures on the aircraft. If I could not fly the aircraft safely I would go sell insurance or houses or something more suited to my skills.