PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ESY Recruitment Roadshows
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 23:38
Miss Kitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir Donald,

Did I offend you in this life or a previous life...? I don't appreciate being personally attacked on a public forum by someone you doesn't even sign his accusation using his real name.

I don't normally feel the need to post replies, but to put the record straight and state the facts:

a) speak English PROPERLY:
English is not my first language but I have never had any negative feedback from any of my employers (past or present) about my level of English.

b) Have aircraft type knowledge:
This was my first job in aviation and like everybody else who starts a new job I had to learn, but I now know my a/c and when I encounter a new type I am not afraid to ask or search the internet. (you can easily ask anybody from the pilot management or the Captains I interview with.)

‘’ he has a lot of jet time’’, what is the type in question?’’J41, J means jet doesn’t it’’. Her own words... No it isn't. I can honestly say that these words are not mine (do you think because I am a women I am some brainless bimbo who got her job thanks to her cleavage!). I'll be glad to discuss it with the person who was at the other end of that conversation and find out exactly when I allegedly said that.

c)Why so many candidates with 1500-3000 hours have not been contacted? Because the recruitment manager has no clue about type abbreviations.
Once again no. The reason is that far more people with 1500-3000 hours have applied than we have space for selection. Furthermore we did receive in excess of 3,000 applications last year so you can understand that we can only contact people we want to invite (after all we are only humans!).

You said: "please I do not want to get into a heated debate either" if you do not want a debate then don't go around attacking people...

Quote: "Just plain truth, as the truth always prevails". I agree with you the truth will prevail and I am confident that the people who know me will see nothing more in your accusations than the words of a bitter person.

Laure Van Rensburg (I am not afraid to sign my real name)