PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HP Black Hawk
Thread: HP Black Hawk
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2019, 18:00
JohnDixson

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
SAS, I think that the airframes made available to the civil market are all former US Army A models, and it looks like the purchasers were able to get FAA TC’s for them, and at least the one I found with a web site, Timberline, had installed the latest UH-60 M engines ( 701D ). The question then, is whether they have the original 2800SHP main box or the newer 3400SHP main box. That web site doesn’t say. Anyhow, with the 701D/2800SHP box you still get pretty decent hot/high improvement over the original 60A. To your question re the USN components: last I had seen, the USN latest engine was the 701C ( but with the FADEC ). I’d be very surprised to see the aftermarket go in that direction.
As a friend of mine wrote earlier today, the questions that arise with the various TC’s have to do with publication accuracy/updates, configuration control, and then, and importantly, their usage spectrum. Hence the previous question re logging, and which main box is in those modified ships. My friend reminded of the SA/FAA actions and inspections re the S-61 models that had gone into the logging business.