PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian 787 blows a donk in FCO
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2019, 12:26
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets not compare RR and Max!

ManAdaSystem
There were a few of us that are able to see the big picture that was plenty concerned with the Max after the first accident.
But lack of info and fact made us relax a bit.

Lets compare the Max with the Rudder Hardover in the 737 and now You have something similar, but still not the same.

Tdracer
In hear what You say, but i for one will not book a 787RR trip any time soon.
Not had much luck lately!
And I generally do not like statistics and certainly not when I am up front, hence very happy with my old 737-800 cfm, Thank you very much.

Now
Lets reverse the statistics : 400 frames with less then perfect engines, You have to agree!
250 000 hrs per month,
The next one out of London bound for LA,,,,,,!
Two scenarios from and old sim Instructor: RH engine is going to fail completely and the remaining is gone after say 3 minutes.
1 After V1 , we dont want that, no con fields!
2 Over Greenland stepping up from say FL 340 to FL 360! bad for ca 290 people!
( Adding 3rd option: RH blows before V1 , RTO all good, and we find LH had issues)

We can go into details until the Cow come home, but I am good at the Big Picture, and we are forewarned!
Nothing against B or RR. and You could call me an uninformed scaremonger, and I can live with that.
The problem is to a certain degree that we as Pilots and DH Pax are told to trust the Manufacturers and NCAAs, and the timing of that is unfortunately not good for RR and B, on this specific Frame/Engine combination.

As opposed to the Max there is a perfectly safe option on the 787RR namely the other Engine manufacturer, Eh?!
Anyway
Heading south for a week on duty, lets hope we are more informed on both the 787RR and the Max and that it all ends good.
Wish You all a safe week.
Regards
Cpt B

Last edited by BluSdUp; 18th Aug 2019 at 12:31. Reason: Added 3rd option