PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia - Plane crash lands in field after bird strike
Old 18th Aug 2019, 09:39
Bueno Hombre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UltraFan
My biggest question to the investigators is, why they continued to roll after the FIRST strike? The cabin video clearly shows at least six birds hitting the left engine, yet the plane kept on rolling. If I understand this recording correctly, they realized the problem with the left engine just 8-19 seconds after the start of the take-off roll, and declared panpan. They were still on the ground when it happened. I just checked, ZIA has 4,600m long runway, enough tarmac to abort and stop. Why didn't they?

And the second question is, why the tower had to explain to the rescue team what they should do. Fourth phrase from the bottom: "Boys, you got the coordinates, the plane crashed beyond the runway. What do you mean you're staying? Move there. Fire engines stay. The rest of the rescue vehicles move there."

YOU'RE A RESCUE TEAM AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!? WHAT THE...
Made PAN Call while still on the ground. Anyone know about any PAN call ever made on the ground before this. Fake news ?