PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tarmac delay
Thread: Tarmac delay
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2019, 04:31
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sobelena
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick Harry. Food was never the real issue in this thread. However, water was. For me it's not an issue of fare paid but of a basic health requirement if stuck in a metal tube for 3 hours with no other alternative. Remember that (apparently) pax were not even offered to purchase water!
Perhaps I did get the wrong end of one stick but the stick that I had been reading was the suggestion that RYR has exempted themselves from EC261 etc. by boarding the passengers and closing the doors even though they weren't going anywhere.

What you're suggesting Sobelena is that it may have been better handled to prewarn the passengers that we're going to board you even though it is likely that you're not going anywhere for 3 hours so if you want to go and buy your sandwiches, bottles of drink etc. then do so now.

I think that would have made the situation worse, some refusing to board whilst others angry that they are expected to provide their own food and drinks for their incarceration, the cheaper the ticket then the worse the passenger and it would only take a few mighty mouthpieces to wind up the others and a situation whereas security would need to be called could easily develop.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.