PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perks of the job
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2019, 16:38
aerodestination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skornogr4phy
My girlfriend works 5 days a week 8 hour days for 1/5 of my salary. Her holiday allowance is smaller than mine and her pension contributions are minimal. The airline I fly for may not have the best Ts and Cs but it's a whole lot better than hers. Does that mean I settle when it comes to union negotiations? No. Does that mean I appreciate what I have and what life could be otherwise. It absolutely does.
couldn't agree more.

Yes there are better paying office jobs. Not many you can reach by 'only' putting 40-50 hours a week in. Getting those top paid jobs requires a lot of hard work and lots of old school friends work anywhere between 50 and 70 hours a week try to make a living and a potential career. And even after putting in all those hours they still will be on about half of what I make by the time they reach their career goals.

And no, I don't settle for union negotiations. I am realistic though. We have a fantastic career, good perks and relatively low amount of working hours a year round. Especially for such a good paid job.

Enjoy what you have. It will make work a lot more fun.