PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Flight Instructor’s Exam
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2019, 03:30
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
pre-PIRC we had to do the PMI exam to attain Grade I. Literally the same exam, with the same reference material. So, boohoo, now you have to do it as a Jnr Grade 3. Frankly, good. The average Jnr G3 is about as useful as tits on a bull so having a better understanding of your actual job is in no way a bad thing. You'd do the same exam in the US to become an Instructor, or Europe. Get over it.

But when you pluck **** out of your arse and steal IP (FAA material) even if it is with their approval, f@rk off
Oh lord.. You can't 'steal IP' when its given with approval. Further, what exactly has been 'plucked out of the arse'. The exam has been around for decades. The only change is that you sit it a year or two earlier.

No guidance material
You sure about that?

Originally Posted by Casa
Suggested study material
The following references are useful study material for the PIRC.
  • Aviation Instructor's Handbook (FAA-H-8083-9A)
    This is the principal reference text
  • A suitable management book on 'motivation'
    A candidate is expected to have basic understanding of the theories of motivation proposed by:While FAA-H-8083-9A provides some short paragraphs on the first two (but mainly on Maslow), most management books provide satisfactory information on the 3 theories
    • Abraham Maslow's 'Hierarchy of Needs'
    • Douglas McGregor 'X & Y' Theory
    • Frederick Herzberg '2-Factor' Theory.
    • Human Factors in Flight by Frank Hawkins or any human factors book on 'memory', 'motivation', 'stress', etc
      Optional - to supplement information in the above
    • Preparing Instructional Objectives by Robert F Mager
      Optional - a useful text on 'behavioural objectives' to compliment FAA-H-8083-9A
    • Measuring Instructional Results by Robert F Mager
      Optional - additional useful text on 'behavioural objectives'
present instructors who haven't done PIRC teaching it to those who need to pass it for the rating? Half arsed bull****.
If its a Grade I doing the teaching, then yes they have.

well, I am, and I'll bet, and I'll take even money, that you, Ascend Charlie, didn't have to do the exam? $100 to you're choice of charity
This car accident of a sentence neatly sums up your attitude.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 25th Aug 2019 at 14:29.