PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This does not bode well...
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2019, 00:52
deja vu

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cvg2iln
!989. I was right seat DC8 and successfully interviewed with CX. The company at that time was an ex- crab mess and had a certain stench about it. People of interest (names may not be exact due to fading memory): Malcolm Wagstaff in his pseudo wizard role - should be a member of the sexual predator #Metoo tribe - the planet is enriched should he now be singing with the great majority. My wife still laughs at the memory of this vile little man. There was also a somewhat flaccid ex crab named Baxter on the interview board - and a doctor Forsyth(?) who seemed to have a spine of plasticine being willing to dance to any tune the company called. All ex crabs of course - CX at that time was a magnet/ dumpster for a certain type.

Two months after turning CX's offer down I was DC8 left seat and four years later became a TRI. I do retain a few treasured interview memories and still smile at the absolute inadequacy of the offer from 30 yrs ago.
Cx and Hong Kong definitely dodged a bullet here, good outcome for all and in line with the "no dickheads" policy.